New ARIN ipv6 allocation policies

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Tue Sep 5 00:07:25 CEST 2006

At 03:55 PM 4/09/2006, Andrew Alston wrote:
>It's all well and good to sit and complain about the tunnelled
>connectivity when you have the ability to do it some other way, but not
>all of us have that luxury.

An excellent comparative study of tunnels in V6 against the V4 substrate
was reported to the IEPG back in February 2005 - see Kenjiro Cho's
presentation at http://www.iepg.org/february2004/dualstack.pdf on this topic

As far as I can tell the results were surprisingly good - there are
some outliers, but
in general the tunnel performance largely aligned to the underlying
V4 connectivity

That was in early 2004 - it would be interesting to see current
network data using this
approach.

Geoff