6BONE shutdown

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon May 8 17:39:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 05:29:42PM +0200, Pim van Pelt wrote:
> | For customers, it's straightforward, and for peers, it should be possible
> | to convince them to make their customers stop announcing 3FFE space.
> Possible, but only if a handful of engineers spend a truckload of their
> valuable time educating people who should know better but probably
> don't give a damn. I'm affraid I'm not going to choose that route,
> mostly because I have heard several 6BONE individuals openly state that
> they are not going to return 6BONE space as long as it works.

Call me an optimist :-) - but yes, I can see your point.

(I have no problem with people setting up 3FFE BGP filters, as long as
they will remember to remove them, "some adequate time in the future").

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  92315

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234