ip6.int deprecation

Pim van Pelt pim at ipng.nl
Mon May 8 17:14:39 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:49:01PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
| > Regarding Bill's posting earlier, I'm sure we can get at least
| > ip6.int's children cleaned up fairly quickly.
|
| Why not just remove ip6.int and be done with it, finally?
How can we as operators request the removal of ip6.int? IE, who is the
responsible entity that can request this on our behalf? I don't know
much about this entity, but don't care for the politics involved.

I understand that 6BONE and the RIRs can request removal of their
delegations; it looks to me like a more likely goal :-)

| Or even better, DNAME ip6.int to ip6.arpa in the int. TLD zone?
This does not solve the broken software which did not switch to .arpa
already, but rather sustains its existence (which does not seem
favorable to me, personally).

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim at ipng.nl
http://www.ipng.nl/             IPv6 Deployment