Probable bogon: 2001:ec00::/32

Jens Rosenboom jens.rosenboom at freenet-ag.de
Mon Jan 30 12:18:07 CET 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 10:38:03AM +1000, John Tran wrote:
> Hi Daniel and all,
>
> You can find all RIR allocations from IANA website below:
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments
>
> Thanks
>
> Son
>
> APNIC

This doesn't list 2001:ec00::/32 though.

> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Daniel Roesen wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 03:34:53PM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> >>Abilene, could you check with your downstream/peer UNINET? And if this
> >>is indeed confirmed to be a bogon leak, could you please check your BGP
> >>filters? :-)
> >
> >Ahhh... and while you're at it: UNINET also leaks loads of more-specific
> >/48 to you which should be filtered away too.
> >
> >http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?prefix=2001:3c8::/32

To me it looks like someone did a bit of misconfiguration, as we have:

$ whois 2001:ec0::
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inet6num:     2001:0EC0::/32
netname:      TOT6NET-AP-20040415
descr:        TOT public company limited
descr:        Telecommunication Provider, Network Service Provider (NSP)
descr:        Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Thailand
country:      TH
tech-c:       tk56-ap
admin-c:      pa82-ap
tech-c:       ss110-ap
remarks:      new ipv6 core network for the next generation and core ipv6 in
remarks:      thailand.
mnt-by:       APNIC-HM
mnt-lower:    maint-th-tot
status:       ALLOCATED PORTABLE
changed:      hm-changed at apnic.net 20040415
changed:      hm-changed at apnic.net 20050922
source:       APNIC

$ whois as4621
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

aut-num:      AS4621
as-name:      UNSPECIFIED
descr:        UNINET-TH
descr:        Office of Infomation Technology Administration
descr:        for Educational
descr:        Development, Ministry of University Affairs, Thailand

Yours,
	Jens
Dr. Jens Rosenboom, Sen. Netw. Eng., jens.rosenboom at freenet-ag.de
freenet CityLine GmbH, Willstaetterstrasse 13, D-40549 Duesseldorf
Tel. +49-211-53087-416, Fax +49-211-5381573