www.arin.net

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Aug 22 02:18:58 CEST 2006

Tristan Horn wrote:

> Since reachability to 2001:440:2000:1::16/125 is shown to be
> problematic, and if your resolver is preferring AAAA over A while doing
> reverse DNS lookups, could this explain the long delay before the telnet
> connection opens?

Voila! Been so long since I used telnet that this one slipped my mind. I
added that address to my hosts file, and the delay is gone.

Jim, ignore everything I said about 2001:500:4:1::80, and focus on the fact
that I can't reach 2001:440:2000:1::18 from here. Then if I'm still not
making sense, well, have a nice day. :)

Doug

--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough