www.arin.net

James Jun james at towardex.com
Tue Aug 22 01:34:32 CEST 2006

> >if I wait a really long time (45 seconds to a minute), 'telnet -6
> >2001:500:4:1::80 80' eventually succeeds>

> Since reachability to 2001:440:2000:1::16/125 is shown to be
> problematic, and if your resolver is preferring AAAA over A while doing
> reverse DNS lookups, could this explain the long delay before the telnet
> connection opens?

Yup, that appears to be the case.

> host 2001:500:4:1::80

Connectivity itself seems fine from Pasadena router (where Earthlink is
connected to).

ntc at cr1.lax3.us> start shell
Password:
$ /usr/bin/time -hp /usr/bin/telnet -s 2001:4830::b -6 www.arin.net 80
Trying 2001:500:4:1::80...
Connected to www.arin.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> q
Connection closed.
real 1.20
user 0.01
sys 0.00

Doug, if I'm still not getting what you're trying to illustrate and problem
is persistent on the network side, please feel free to drop me a line
off-list and I'll be happy to troubleshoot further for you.  Thanks!

james