N reasons for not deploying ipv6 (was: Re: [narten@us.ibm.com:PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN])

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Apr 17 20:05:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 07:46:35PM +0200, Eric Klein wrote:
> Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> >That's a fairy tale. There is no country-based discrimination in effect.
>
> I am not claiming that there is any discrimination going on, just that when
> a full class C addresses was allocated for 60k schools and an unknown
> number of end-users then there is a real shortage starting.

>From experience with some of the countries that claim "we can't get IP
addresses", part of it seems to be a cultural thing - if it's against
your pride to even *ask* for it (and possibly argue with buerocrats),
then yes, you can't get IP addresses.

For those that follow the policies and procedures, wherever they might
be, IPv4 address requests are still fulfilled - every day.

(And I'd really like to see more requests for /8 sized chunks...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  88685

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234