[narten@us.ibm.com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sun Apr 16 19:39:11 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 16:14 +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
[..]
> Meanwhile, the lack of multihoming has been cited
> as one of the (many) reasons that people are not deploying the protocol.

What might the other ones be, I still haven't seen a list.

The biggest one I do know is what most people call 'FUD', as there is no
such list. The only really valid one I heared is simply that people
don't have a need for it, as IPv4 space can easily be gotten from any of
the RIR's, and the other that don't even know about it ;)

[..]
> Apart from anything else, PI ipv6 space will completely undermine shim6,
> which will now die the painful death it deserves.  And I don't see how
> anyone could argue that this is a bad thing.

*pssst* you clearly haven't noticed yet that shim6, and similar
solutions, need an identifier, and that so called "PI space" is perfect
to be used for it. It will only make deploying those thing easier as it
won't be difficult getting a globally unique address space now.

Greets,
 Jeroen