[OT] Routing question

occaid at ropeguru.com occaid at ropeguru.com
Sat Jun 11 17:56:49 CEST 2005

I know this is off topic, so if anyone can point me in the right
direction or reply off-list it would be greatly appreciated. I have no
idea what list I could go to to get what I am looking for and figured
the high level expertise in here might help.

I am having an issue whith a provider I have to go through to get to
some points on the internet, where I am seeing some intermittent packet
loss at the final destination. Upon running ping plotter to that end
point, where my route goes through savvis.net, the route paths change on
every 1 second up date. My number of hops can change from 15 to 17 to 16
to 18, etc.. every second. Savvis is the only provider I have ever
encountered this with.

Would someone be so kind as to pint me in the right direction as to an
explanation for this??

Robert Webb

Again, I deeply apologize for this being so far off topic for this list.