IPv6 traffic metering

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Thu Jun 9 11:04:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've a question about traffic metering with IPv6.

Our core router is a FreeBSD system (we're a small ISP, so it's
sufficient for us...).

I'm looking for tools to count IPv6 packets/bytes based on flows
that would run on such a system. We want to use it to do traffic
metering and billing.

I know of the following tools:

http://www.mindrot.org/pfflowd.html
http://www.ba.cnr.it/~paolo/pmacct/
http://www.nitpicker.de/temp/
http://nfdump.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipcad/
http://robert.cheramy.net/ipfm/

We wrote our own for IPv4, based on tcpdump, and the question is
now: Will we do those mods for v6 again or can we use something
that has wider use ?

Any comments on those and pointers to others would be helpful.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  15 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net