abilene -> he.net routing humor

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Jun 6 19:31:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 01:24:45PM -0400, William F. Maton Sotomayor wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>
> >All I know is that when I connect to a research IPv6 network (which often
> >happens at IETF meetings), I have huge difficulties connecting to my stuff
> >at home.
>
> Hrm.  Yes as a victom of that, I do sympathise.  Is this worth discussing
> at the next IETF v6ops WG, or is it beyond the IETF's scope?  And if it
> is, what are the venues, besides this mailing list?

This is purely something Abilene needs to sort out.  Either it is a
transit provider for the local research networks - or it isn't, but if
it isn't, they should stop announcing other people's routes all around
the place.

gert
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  71007  (66629)

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234