abilene -> he.net routing humor

Kevin Loch kloch at hotnic.net
Mon Jun 6 15:43:28 CEST 2005

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> I look forward to discussing the meaning of the word "hijacking" with
> the IANA/ICANN lawyers.

I would suggest complaining to the entity that revokes your delegation,
not ICANN.  If the 6bone project voluntarily returns 3ffe::/16 it's not
ICANN's fault.  Actually it's nobody's fault since that was the plan
from day 1.  Someone might pull off a temporary restraining order, but
that would only delay the inevitable.

When (not if) it is returned, it becomes bogon space until delegated
again.  We seem to be doing a decent job of squashing bogons right now.
That is a good thing because the alternative opens the door to massive
abuse.

- Kevin