abilene -> he.net routing humor

Daniel Austin daniel at kewlio.net
Mon Jun 6 14:28:56 CEST 2005

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On 5-jun-2005, at 19:00, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>>> I see no reason to return my 6bone space (although I'm not going to
>>> throw a hissy fit when my upstream takes it out of commission  either).
>

>> Well you are going to if you like it or not:
>> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3701.txt
>

>> Thus if you are using any 6bone prefix after 6/6/6 you simply are
>> hijacking address space.
>

> I look forward to discussing the meaning of the word "hijacking" with
> the IANA/ICANN lawyers.

As nobody has obtained 6bone space without agreeing to give it back, I
really don't see an issue here.  Everyone that has 6bone space has
agreed to the agreement.  It will be returned, it will be useless after
6/6/2006.  No amount of screaming and kicking is going to change that
and no amount of lawyers ;-)

Thanks,

--

Daniel Austin,