abilene -> he.net routing humor

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun Jun 5 18:44:03 CEST 2005

On 5-jun-2005, at 18:33, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> Fortunately in 1 year + 1 day we won't have any 6bone junk left
> anymore.

That is nonsense, of course.

I see no reason to return my 6bone space (although I'm not going to
throw a hissy fit when my upstream takes it out of commission either).

More importantly, the existence of the 6bone has nothing to do with
bad routing. The reason this happens is:

- people who don't know what they're doing are allowed to muck around
with BGP in IPv6
- people who know what they're doing don't care
- hard to get native connectivity

Maybe we need some peering over 1 or 2 hop tunnels in places where
native peering can't be done for some reason.