6to4 relay routers

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Jul 27 21:05:12 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Michael H Lambert wrote:
>> I guess what route views sees only minor bearing on what's out there.
>>
>> There are at least half a dozen or so publicly advertised relays that
>> just for some reason don't show on route-views.  And if you look at
>> Abilene, you see at least four as well.
>
> My point was that someone is announcing a /32 instead of the full /24 anycast
> block (lots of /24 announcements heard on route views).  Even if 6to4 relays
> are working well in general, we still have to worry about leakages like this.

Oh sorry, I missed your point.  This may not be a real worry though.
I know the AS number in question (it's used as a backup here when our
primary relay goes down), and they don't seem to actually advertise
the /32 anywhere (because otherwise it'd be used all the time), or
everyone is rejecting it (which folks should be doing anyway -- I know
of no one accepting /32's from eBGP peers).

I guess they're just dumping the contents of their iBGP to route-views
or something.