Help again please Fwd: please fix your broken DNS server

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Jul 8 22:46:31 CEST 2005

On 8-jul-2005, at 18:32, Joseph T. Klein wrote:

> Ken is now claiming other servers are broken, not his. He wants all
> bind users to use allow-v6-synthesis to resolve the problem. So all
> other DNS servers are broken, not his.

This guy is insane. (60 second TTL for NS records anyone?)

He says his server is working correctly, but I get:

% dig @charon.mpw.net AAAA gwise.ci.mil.wi.us

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> @charon.mpw.net AAAA gwise.ci.mil.wi.us
;; global options:  printcmd

Now if there were any substance to his claim that people should use
AAAA synthesis, I should be able to get an A6 record from him as
input for my synthesizing efforts, but guess what:

% dig @charon.mpw.net A6 gwise.ci.mil.wi.us

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> @charon.mpw.net A6 gwise.ci.mil.wi.us
;; global options:  printcmd

You may want to point him to RFC 3596, if you want to bother talking
to him again.

Lesson for the IETF: this is what happens when you keep changing
stuff on people.