IPv6 Statistics was Re: please fix your broken DNS server

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu Jul 7 16:28:37 CEST 2005

On 7-jul-2005, at 16:03, Joseph T. Klein wrote:

> Some help here please. I am at a loss as to why I can't send mail
> to the City of Milwaukee.

The part that I find strange is that their DNS servers claim to be
BIND 9.3.1.

> Hence dual stacked sendmail refuses to send mail to milwaukee.gov

> I have ResolverOptions=WorkAroundBrokenAAAA in my cf file.

So sendmail doesn't try for A when it gets SERVFAIL for AAAA?

> The reply from my public servant is:
>> please go away - you are wasting our time.  this issue has no
>> substantive impact
>> - it is academic.

A nice message to the city counsil will probably help here, although
it's of course time consuming to explain the issue such that your
average politician gets the point.

Good luck!

Iljitsch