IPv4-Mapped IPv6 Address used in DNS with AAAA-records

Peter Koch pk at ISOC.DE
Fri Jul 28 12:15:54 CEST 2023

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 10:27:56AM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> > "Our AAAA answers follow the standards, and our local dual-stack
> > testing has shown no issues."

so, if it works for them with their applications ...
Looks like no damage.

> There's a long tail of ipv6 implementations, and some of them are very
> broken indeed. Thoughts and prayers to their user base.

While the economic incentives for the case at hand sound 'interesting',
operationally this could inspire some measurements - in a different
sphere, like if someone had, say, ads based tooling.

-Peter