T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Feb 1 12:03:37 CET 2020

Dominik Bay <db at rrbone.net> writes:

> I'll do some research over the next dasy why Quectel 4G modems in
> Teltonika routers won't do IPv6 at all.

That has probably much more to do with the router firmware than the
modem. Most (all?) Qualcomm based LTE modems support IPv6. But
configuring IPv6 can be a bit more complicated than you'd like to think,
so host/router support is often lacking... In particular if you use QMI
for modem management and would like to support dual-stack, which I
assume Teltonika want.

Google tells me that they're still developing this
feature:

https://community.teltonika.lt/14183/how-to-get-ipv6-address-from-sim1-on-rut955

Bjørn