Why used DHCPv6 when RA has RDNSS and DNSSL?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Apr 1 12:55:36 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 10:56:03AM +0200, Jens Link wrote:
> people can't/won't read headers. Most mail clients hide them pretty
> well. I guess that most people don't even konw they are there.

Correct, but appending footers is a problem with cryptographic
signatures, so a pretty much no-go too.

There is the the issue of email address ownership changing to
"non-enlightened" folks, as well as malware out there actually able to
perform double opt-in subscription to Mailman lists via email. I've seen
it happen. So there ARE unsuspecting, innocent people ending up
subscribed here who have ZERO idea how they got here, nor how they get
off the list.

I have to clue myself up how other list ops deal with that.
But I see that there is certainly no "magic bullet" that doesn't have
severe drawbacks. Email is becoming more and more unusable due to the
defensive measures being taken against spam, phishing and other
malicious use of email.

On a side note to all: I would prefer not to prolong this discussion
here so much as it's quite off-topic. At minimum open a new thread (a
new thread, not just change subject) so people have a chance to filter.

Best regards,
Daniel