Spreadsheet with various IPv6 tools

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Mon May 20 02:10:56 CEST 2019

I have been cleaning up and reworking some old stuff of mine regarding
how to determine required address space based on sizes of sites, sizes
of different VLANs, etc. I have versions of these for IPv4, IPv6 using
actual network sizes, and IPv4 using a /48 prefix or smaller for every
site. I also included some other IPv6 related examples that I've shared
various places in the past to help folks making the transition from IPv4
understand things like nibble boundaries, sparse allocation, etc.

If you are interested I would love to get your thoughts and opinions on
any or all of these. My plan is to share them more widely at some point
in the near future, but I've been staring at them for so long now that
it's time for new eyes.  :)

The formatting is still a bit rough, I need to polish/test in MS Excel
once I'm comfortable with the content. It should work in LibreOffice
now, as that's what I've been using.

Thanks,

Doug

https://dougbarton.us/IPv4%20and%20IPv6%20Network%20Structure%20Planning-20190519.xls