IPv6 Security for IPv4 Engineers

Fernando Gont fernando at gont.com.ar
Thu Mar 14 02:23:42 CET 2019

Folks,

It is often argued that IPv4 practices should be forgotten when
deploying IPv6, as after all IPv6 is a different protocol! But we think
years of IPv4 operational experience should be leveraged as much as
possible.

So we are publishing IPv6 Security for IPv4 Engineers as a roadmap to
IPv6 security that is specifically aimed at IPv4 engineers and operators.

The document is available at:

https://www.internetsociety.org/resources/deploy360/ipv6/security/ipv4-engineers

Comments are welcome. If you think we have missed anything, please drop
me an email, since the document can eventually be revised.

P.S.: We also published "IPv6 Security Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)"
at: https://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/ipv6/security/faq/

Thanks!

Cheers,
--