question regarding over the counter devices

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Mar 1 09:58:53 CET 2017

I guess the point here is to compare if they also have IPv4 firewall on by default.

However, I believe the point here is to understand if a user having a “standard” distribution of any BSD/Linux, is the one that don’t double check all the security of that OS. Maybe we need to look into those distributions of BSD/Linux made for non-techie users, that come with a “build-in” GUI, etc. I doubt those come with IPv6-enabled by default and the firewall-off, it will be a mistake, as they try to allow the users to work with those distributions replacing a Windows (which of course comes with IPv6 enabled and IPv6 firewall enabled by default).

Regards,
Jordi