question regarding over the counter devices

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Mar 1 08:29:05 CET 2017

What I’ve seen, yes is on by default, but I also heard the same complain, but actually never seen a device not-on by default … so I’m not really convinced is very real.

However, I believe that all the IPv6 OSs for hosts and servers, have the IPv6 firewall on by default, so this should not be a big issue, unless you have other devices with no IPv6 firewall (IP cameras?), which I think is not common, because those devices (what I’ve seen up to now), only respond to the port that they have designated to work on.

We had this debate several times in IETF I think …

There is some text about that in both RFC7084 (and bis that I’m working on https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palet-v6ops-rfc7084-bis-01) and RFC6092.

Regards,
Jordi