Win10 update CLAT

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jul 27 19:27:06 CEST 2017

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Ross Chandler wrote:

> I've had no luck getting it to work either on an IPv6-only LAN with
> DNS64 and NAT64. Ross

After reading the text again, I speculated that it was Win10 mobile only.
I therefore dug up a win10 mobile phone I have, and updated it, and tried
to connect to NAT64+DNS64 wifi I have. After updating it to 1703 I still
can't see any CLAT being detected in any way (for instance test-ipv6.com).

So the only thing I can think of is that the CLAT is mobile-only on win10
mobile only. So I put in a SIM card in it and tried to create a new APN,
and it indeed does have a new APN type called "IPv4v6XLAT" (in addition to
"IPv4", "IPv6" and "IPv4v6"). Unfortunately my mobile provider is dual
stack and doesn't offer NAT64+DNS64 (at least not on its default APN) so I
can't test it.

So my take on this is that it's a Win10 only feature, and it's mobile
only.

Pity.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se