UPnP/IPv6 support in home routers?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Dec 11 17:14:55 CET 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 09:22:39AM -0600, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> That said, I think the IPv6 firewalls need better home connectivity
> support as well. I once put in a ticket to Fortinet to ask if there
> could be made an ACL object that tracked the prefix mask delivered via
> DHCP6_PD, such that we could write policies such as
> 	  allow remote_ipv6_address ${PREFIX1}::1f5d:50 22

Which is about the only thing that makes sense.

> But that couldn't be impressed on the first tiers of support
> what-so-ever.  That totally confused them to no end.

... but that is the standard vendor response.  "Huh, what?".  :-(

AVM gets this somewhat right for directly connected hosts, but for
DHCPv6-PD delegated prefixes, ACL support was "close! all!  always!"
for the longest time, and only recently they made it work better...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279