CPE Residential IPv6 Security Poll

Roger Jørgensen roger at jorgensen.no
Mon Sep 19 19:23:40 CEST 2016

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:32:27 +0000, Anfinsen, Ragnar wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> In light of a new discussion blossoming in Norway, we are curious
> about the IPv6 security policy different ISP’s has adopted. So it
> would be very helpful if you could do a quick response, either here
> or
> directly to me, on the following question:
>
> Which security policy are you using for you residential IPv6 enabled
> CPE’s? (RFC6092, fully open, balanced or other)
>
> Why did you adopt this policy?
>
> Any good or not so good experience with the choice?
>
> All answers are very much appreciated, and I will post the results
> here after a week or so. Thank you very much.

Not really for residential, but business/governmental related. We just
added IPv6 addresses to the IPv4 rule object and went on as before.
I guess none of the users know they are using IPv6 around 75-80% of
the time internal, or 20-30% on their external traffic either:-)

---

Roger Jorgensen      | - ROJO9-RIPE
roger at jorgensen.no   | - The Future is IPv6