Linux and ULA support and default route

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:56:39 CEST 2016

On 13/10/2016 21:14, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> Of note is the fact that the ULA prefix being announced is the ubiquitous
> fd00::/64.

0 is a perfectly random number, just like the ubiquitous PIN code 1234.

But yes, this a sloppy job by the FritzBox. Hopefully they've fixed this in
more recent models.

> Great idea, ULAs.

In the right circumstances, yes, actually. And actually my circumstances
yesterday were right for a ULA prefix: the ISP failed to give my CE a prefix.
Today, they gave me a prefix, and so Linux gives me a default route.

   Brian