DHCPv6 client in Windows 10 broken after anniversary update

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 10 15:29:54 CEST 2016

So I did some more investigation. I had missed that I needed to use
/renew6 and /release6 before.

Now I have 10 minute lease time.

5 minutes into the lease time, I can /renew6 the lease successfully and
get 10 more minutes leasetime.

around 2-3 minutes before the lease-time expires I see that Win10 has
marked the IA_NA as (deprecated), I try to do "/renew6" I get the
following error:

"An error has occured while renewing interface Ethernet: The semaphore
timeout period has expired".

This renew fails. If I now ctrl-c this /renew6 and run /renew6 again, the
renew succeeds and the address is back again as (preferred) and the lease
time is 10 minutes.

I also have a Ubuntu 16.04 box that won't keep its lease either... so I
don't know what's going on. Will look further.

Harald, what DHCPv6 server are you using?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se