Netflix hates IPv6

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Jun 15 08:08:32 CEST 2016

On 15/06/2016 15:57, Michael Oghia wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While following this thread, it occurred to me that one issue not being discussed is Netflix's encouragement to revert to IPv4. Of course, that is fairly easy with NAT, but the principle is one that makes me feel very uncomfortable. We work so hard to see IPv6 expanded, it feels like a small setback -- or at least a jab -- coming from such a large company.
>
> Thus, the question I pose to the community is this: are there any redress mechanisms we can use to address this situation at the core of the issue, i.e., with Netflix, and help them work out solutions -- like some of the ones offered so far -- to not discourage IPv6? This can include meetings, mobilizing networks, relationship building, outreach, etc.

If HE started dishing out tunnels this week, maybe it could be
addressed, script/database changes to ensure U.S. residents get a slice
of different pie, that netflix could whitelist, but since its been going
for many many years, that is not possible, not easily possible anyway
without dropping and changing all existing U.S. users which would bring
about a tsunami of complaints for other reasons, so no, HE wont be doing
anything in the future :)

--

 		If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you
best first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/