Windows 10 + VLC + IPv6 SSM

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Feb 22 09:18:19 CET 2016

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016, Harald F. Karlsen wrote:

> They broke IPv6 multicast streaming in VLC version 2.0.6. It works in
> version 2.0.5 although it required that you opened for ICMPv6 type 143
> outgoing in the windows firewall (at least in Windows 7) in order to get
> SSM to work. ASM worked fine iirc.
>
> I opened a ticket with the Videolan team 15 months ago, but the ticket
> hasn't received much attention:
> https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/13071

Thanks a lot for this info.

I have now verified that VLC 2.0.5 indeed works on Windows 10 (at least if
I join the stream from a Linux box on the same subnet as the windows
machine), and VLC 2.0.6 gives an immediate error when trying to open the
same URL/stream.

I will send in this comment in the ticket.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se