Slow WiFi with Android Marshmallow & IPv6?

Kurt Jaeger ipv6-ops at c0mplx.org
Wed Apr 27 11:44:42 CEST 2016

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> I thought we were discssing issues which are relevant for ISPs
> configuring end user CPEs.

In Germany, the end-user decides on the CPE/RG, part of
the telecommunications regulation. So having
working protocols to allow them to interoperate is very
important.

> The challenge is for an ISP managing home user CPEs, to make all random
> unmanaged end user devices Just Work(tm).

The current situation is not very helpful. Too many standards to
choose from, some of them non-interoperating. Some server-based,
some router/network-based. Bad.

> But we could discuss whether it currently makes sense to support DNS
> queries over IPv6 at all.

>From my point of view, the answer is: Yes, DNS over IPv6 is essential.

> Resolver libraries are notorioulsy bad at
> fail-over, so there isn't really any point in more than that.

Maybe this is the core of the problem. And getting the
resolver libs upgraded (yes, I know, another can of worms).

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !