Slow WiFi with Android Marshmallow & IPv6?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Wed Apr 27 10:01:56 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-27 09:59, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>> specifically a 'router' but a CPE (that for IPv4 NATs and for IPv6 sorta
>
> Let me just say that when I used "CPE" in a document, I was reminded by
> BBF (BroadBand Forum) people that they use "CPE" as "any device in the
> home". Their terminology for the first router in the home is "RG" as in
> "Residential Gateway".

That is a better definition indeed.

CPE is Customer Premises Equipment, thus that indeed would cover everything.

The problem with "Residential" though is that not every such device is
in a residence, "Customer Gateway" would be better IMHO... then again
those would be quite new terms.

There should be an IETF RFC for those things somewhere.... just like
SHOULD/MUST ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen