Slow WiFi with Android Marshmallow & IPv6?

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Apr 26 10:09:49 CEST 2016

Am 25.04.2016 um 17:40 schrieb Eric Vyncke (evyncke):
> Thanks to all people pointing me towards a DNS issue.

I read this thread with great interest. I have a Marshmallow dualstacked
via Wifi (and via mobile), and I have no issues so far.
One thing troubles me.
In my configuration the router gets at least four dns-resolvers two ipv4
and two ipv6 from the isp. The router itself checks the reliability and
announces its own ip-address as resolver to the clients. A dead resolver
would theoretically never reach the client.

Is this a special feature of avm?

Regards,
Thomas

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Oettingenstraße 67 Raum C109
80538 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701