Slow WiFi with Android Marshmallow & IPv6?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Apr 25 15:21:11 CEST 2016

The DNS version of HE doesn’t need to penalize IPv4, so it doesn’t need to add latency, though you’re right, it will increase the number of DNS queries.  That said, how much more network traffic will DNS HE add in comparison to the HTTP HE that exists in today’s web browsers?  My gut says that the number of DNS queries is less than the number of HTTP connections, though that could change with HTTP 2.0.

In the end it’s all about helping end-users have a great experience despite their infrastructure … let’s not punish the end-users because of all the spaghetti.

Frank