IPv6-misconfigurations

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Wed Sep 30 13:29:50 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely7.cicely.de> writes:

> Higher priorities to at least disable a non working AAAA record as
> a temporary workaround until the v6 reachability is fixed?
> Webmasters these days...

that's not really all that much of a surprise to me.  Everyone knows
things tend to get rather ugly (aka. expensive aka. embarrassing) when
anything goes wrong with the DNS.  Combine that with people who don't
really know what they are doing when it comes to DNS, then add a highly
sensitized management due to some previous blunder, and you'll wind up
with a change process that makes anything going even remotely near a DNS
entry a plan-three-months-in-advance job.

And I'm not even thinking about the people who actually outsource their
DNS---preferably to the lowest bidder...

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/