Strange speed problems with ipv6 forwarding

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Fri Oct 16 08:41:39 CEST 2015

Andras Toth wrote

> Try disabling IPv6 redirects, on Cisco routers it's generally "no ipv6
> redirects" on the routed interfaces, such as the L3 ports or VLAN
> Interfaces (SVI). Alternatively fix your topology and routing to
> ensure the return traffic does not go through the router in the same
> subnet.

You were both right! The data center people disabled ipv6 redirects
and the speed immediately changed to the full 112 MB/s!

Thanks for all the explanations and solution proposals, it didn't
only solve the problem, I've also learned a lot :-)

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/