Windows NIC/driver issues with IPV6 TCP checksum offloading

Clinton Work Clinton.Work at telus.com
Wed Nov 18 23:17:01 CET 2015

Since rolling out dual-stack IPV6 to our consumer Internet customers, we've had a couple of customer incidents with very slow IPV6 TCP performance to dual-stacked websites (facebook, Wikipedia.org, ...).   The problems only occurs with Windows 7/8/10 PCs connected via Ethernet NICs.   Disabling IPV6 TCP checksum offloading will resolve the performance issues in some cases, but not in all cases.   We have tried updating the Windows NIC driver to the latest version, but that didn't help.   I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this issue with Windows PCs.

Clinton Work
TELUS | Network Operations & Support