IPv6 QUIC traffic

Philipp Kern phil at philkern.de
Fri Jun 5 12:27:35 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-05 07:23, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2015, Philipp Kern wrote:
>> Given that there is Happy Eyeballs for this and there is a probably
>> not too unreasonable fallback with HTTP/2, can't we just see how this
>> plays out? ;-)
> Happy Eyeballs doesn't solve things working badly (=ratelimiting),
> unfortunately, neither does it help in detecting PMTU blackholing.

What's the bucket for ratelimiting? (Given that it's also a memory
question how many buckets can be opened for this.) Because if enough
people use QUIC, ratelimiting should be across all users and hence HE
should work? Of course it would not if ratelimiting is per (srcip,
dstip) tuple or something in which case it would only fail after the
initial ramping up phase.

> At least there is TCP PMTU blackhole detection in modern TCP, I
> couldn't find any reference to this for QUIC in my 10 second google
> search.

What Lorenzo said.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern