google path mtu?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jan 20 15:37:49 CET 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> But regardless, I had trouble this morning with Youtube that might be
> related to the same issue.

I turned off my IPv6 HE.net tunnel yesterday because family was
complaining about Youtube not working. I haven't enabled it again. Other
people who had problems, are things working again now?

It struck me that this should be possible to test on an host. Basically if
the host can just respond to a packet with PTB, then checking if the size
of the packets received changes or not would be interesting. Is anyone
aware of someone implementing this already?

Basic functionality:

Would sniff traffic, send PTB packets for select sessions (configurable),
and then I cold check using tcpdump or similar tool, if the packet sizes
go down after the PTB has been sent.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se