google path mtu?

Artem Viklenko artem at viklenko.net
Mon Jan 19 13:52:12 CET 2015

19.01.2015 13:12, Mikael Abrahamsson написав(ла):
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>
>> I had some problems at home, which is not tunneled, but a
>> less-than-1500-octet-mtu PPPoE DSL line, so - thinking it's tunnels
>> only ignores an increasing number of native private users.
>
> Well, PPPoE is a tunnel, but I guess that's splitting hairs.
>
> But regardless, I had trouble this morning with Youtube that might be
> related to the same issue.

One possible solution to force TCP MSS. For example on my FreeBSD
router at home i used PF's scrub rule for ipv6 tunnel to set
mss to 1220 bytes.

If you use PPPoE as underlying technology, decrease this vale little
bit more - 1212 or less.

--
Sincerely yours,
 Artem Viklenko.