Curious situation - not urgent, but I'd like to know more

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Sun Dec 20 10:10:34 CET 2015

Interesting situation indeed :-)

As we all known, Microsoft DirectAccess uses IPsec over IPv6 (and
potentially over Teredo or SSL-VPN if the host does not have native IPv6).
So, if your DirectAccess head-end is dual-stack, it now receives Ipsec
packets over IPv6 rather than HTTLS or Teredo over IPv4, so, firewall
settings must be tuned for that.

Now, I am really puzzled by your sentence "his Comcast-installed router
was handing our IPv6 addresses on his home LAN", is it a typo in 'our'
rather than 'out' ? It would be interesting to see the
addresses/prefixes/routes of the failing DirectAccess client as well as
which IPv6 address.prefix is used by DirectAccess for the
normally-functionning clients.

-éric

On 19/12/15 22:37, "ipv6-ops-bounces+evyncke=cisco.com at lists.cluenet.de on
behalf of Kurt Buff" <ipv6-ops-bounces+evyncke=cisco.com at lists.cluenet.de