Google no longer returning AAAA records?

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:35:10 CEST 2015

On 17/04/2015 18:24, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> And in the meantime, accept that the users of that operator's network
> cannot reliably reach our services?

I understand the dilemma. But if you don't make it easy for the operator
in question to know that they have a problem, it will definitely not get
fixed. Please think about ways to do that.

Ignatios said:

> I suspect Google will change their rule to be protocol independent
> in the future... if v6 is better than v4 for you, they won't give
> out A records to your resolver ;-)

I like that thought.

Scott said:

> Neither Lorenzo nor Erik should ever have to buy their own beer ever again IMO.

In case there's any doubt: yes, I greatly appreciate your efforts, too. Thanks both.

     Brian