Cost of IPv6 for IT operations team

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Mon Apr 13 23:31:57 CEST 2015

Benedikt Stockebrand <bs at stepladder-it.com> writes:

> And yes, back in 95 there were allegedly people testing the hardware
> they bought for being year 2000 compliant:-)

Back in '99 my employer send me to an Oracle training. I do not remember
much about Oracle but I do remember one quote from the trainer:

"I told my first customer about Y2k in 1980. He called last week. If
anyone of you speaks Cobol the customer is paying $large_amount  per
hour for fixing his problems."

With IPv6 there is no fixed date but I will happen too.

Jens