Anyone else have problems emailing Cisco? (senderbase)

Andrew  Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:07:21 CEST 2014

On 9/24/14, Tim Chown <tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> The IPv4 rep for the same MTA is Good.
>
> http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=152.78.0.0/16
>
> Would be interesting to see why the IPv6 rep would be different. Spam from
> that MTA would presumably go out over whichever protocol was available.
> Perhaps because there’s a much smaller sample size on IPv6 (maybe 3% of our
> outbound is IPv6 last time I looked) it’s more susceptible to a small amount
> of email that’s deemed spam.
>
> Anyway, thanks :)

np, looks like you should have something in your inbox now to take a
look at on your end...

--a

p.s. unrelated data point: sent myself an email from this account, it
came over IPv6 with no issues, here's some pudding to prove :-) :

([IPv6:2607:f8b0:4001:c05::231])  by  alln-inbound-m.cisco.com with
ESMTP/TLS/RC4-SHA; 24 Sep 2014 14:49:23 +0000