6to4 in Internet aaaa records

Jen Linkova furry13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:26:21 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Ca By <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Back to my question, should there be an RFC generated that advises network
> admins to only put native natural addresses in DNS for anything that is
> supposed to be production grade and routed across the Internet?
>
> Meaning:
> 1.  Only make AAAA records from 2000::/3
> 2.  Do not make AAAA records with 6to4 addresses
> 3.  Do no make AAAA records with NAT64 WKP 64:ff9b::/96 ( saw this last week
> )

....do not make AAAA records with link-local....with ULAs...with
2001:db8::/32..with ::1...with ipv4-[mapped|compatibe] etc..;)

As well as 'do not make A records pointing to RFC1918, example networks etc'

I'd say 'do return to external clients AAAA containing anything except
addresses from your public routable blocks' - but it seems to be too
short for becoming an RFC ;)

> ps. handy list of broken things http://www.employees.org/~dwing/aaaa-stats/

Yeah, I have a long list of invalid AAAAs for Alexa1M...

--
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry