MTU = 1280 everywhere? / QUIC (Was: Some very nice ...)

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Tue Nov 11 20:42:28 CET 2014

Hi, all tunnels should be able to support a minimum 1500 MTU even if a small amount
of fragmentation is necessary. Any MTU smaller than 1500 is a degenerate MTU and
does not support tunnels within tunnels to sufficient levels of recursive depth. When
I say "fragmentation", I mean IPv6 fragmentation which fixes the problems in IPv4
fragmentation.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin at boeing.com