Some very nice broken IPv6 networks at Google and Akamai (Was: Some very nice IPv6 growth as measured by Google)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Mon Nov 10 07:29:08 CET 2014

On 2014-11-09 21:27, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * Jeroen Massar
>
>> Testing from colod boxes on well behaved networks (otherwise they
>> would not know or be part of the RING), while the problem lies with
>> actual home users is quite a difference.
>
> So far you've been claiming that the problem lies with Google or
> Akamai.

Google has acknowledged it, apparently they are doing MSS clamping on
*THEIR* side (while they don't know what your network looks like ;)

Akamai is still peeking.

> If true - and I don't dispute that it is - then testing from
> the RING should work just as well as from any home network.

Completely different environment.

> And, as Job has pointed out, the RING nodes are not all «well behaved».

You had 10 nodes that failed which demonstrates that.

As you have contact to these folks, ask them to fix that situation.

>> Also the statement "universally broken" comes from you.
>
> I refer to this blanket statement of yours, responding to my
> paraphrasing you and Yannis:
>
> «Yannis: «We're enabling IPv6 on our CPEs
> Jeroen: «And then getting broken connectivity to Google»
>
> You: «That statement is correct though. As Google and Akamai IPv6 are
> currently broken, enabling IPv6 thus breaks connectivity to those
> sites. Not enabling IPv6 thus is a better option in such a situation.»
>
> In order for this to be correct, Google and Akamai must necessarily be
> universally broken over IPv6.

Why are you so hang up on words? While in your own admission you are not
a "native speaker"?

Can you please stop bickering over those words?

Google has admitted they broke something and fixed it.

Stop hanging yourself up.

Greets,
 Jeroen