Some very nice broken IPv6 networks at Google and Akamai

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sat Nov 8 21:19:15 CET 2014

> > I'm not a native speaker of English, but I struggle to understand it
> > any other way than you're saying there's something broken about
> > Yannis' deployment. I mean, your reply wasn't even a standalone
> > statement, but a continuation of Yannis' sentence. :-P
>
> That statement is correct though. As Google and Akamai IPv6 are
> currently broken, enabling IPv6 thus breaks connectivity to those sites.
>
> Not enabling IPv6 thus is a better option in such a situation.

I'm afraid I don't see the supporting evidence here. From my point
of view, Google and Akamai IPv6 both work just fine.

I happen to be in Norway, just like Tore - but we are in different
ASes and as far as I know we also use different Akamai and Google
cache instances.

No specific problems that I can see.

Steinar Haug, AS 2116