Residential subscribers: numbered or unnumbered?

Anfinsen, Ragnar Ragnar.Anfinsen at altibox.no
Thu Mar 27 09:17:44 CET 2014

Hi Philip,

We are doing IPv6 over IPoE in our labs (for now), and we will use DHCPv6 for numbering the CPE. The reason for this is that we support putting the CPE in bridge mode, where the customer can either connect a 3. party router or a computer. When connecting a computer, it needs an IP address and using DHCPv6_IA for this will make the traceability and legal issues easier to handle.

Best Regards
Ragnar